Abbot Knittel drives church construction forward
Abbot Knittel tasked architect Johann Leonhard Dientzenhofer with planning the monastery church. Even though he died in 1707, it was possible to begin construction based on his plans in 1708. Von Dientzenhofer's design included a three-aisled hall church with double towers. Inside, 300 sculptures present iconography around various topics of Christian faith. The decor in the three-aisled hall church was completed by 1727. The completed church was consecrated in 1736.