Royal reception room
The monastery flourished under Benedikt Knittel, who was abbot there between 1683 and 1732. He began construction on the palatial New Abbey and its staircase. His successor, Abbot Angelus Münch, concluded the construction around 1745. The result is a formal and representative receiving hall that spans three floors. It was built based on a model by Johann Ludwig Deisinger.